The LWV of the East Shore includes Branford, North Branford, Guilford, and Madison.
The League of Women Voters of the East Shore is pleased to announce the debate schedule for five area towns! Please attend the public debates, if you can.
Also, you may submit questions for any of them in advance to <email@example.com>
- Sunday, Oct. 22: Guilford Bd. of Selectman Candidates' Debate will be recorded in-studio for broadcast via GCTV's several outlets (Comcast Channel 18, Frontier Channel 99, Facebook On-Demand, YouTube). Moderator: Jean Rabinow, Exec. Dir. LWVCT; Timekeeper: Elise Low.
- Monday, Oct. 23: North Branford Town Council Candidates' Public Forum, 7 to 9 pm, No. Branford Recreation Center, 1332 Middletown Ave., Northford Moderator: Elise Low; Timekeeper: Brooks Low.
- Wednesday, Oct. 25: Killingworth First Selectman Candidates' Public Debate, 7 pm, K. Middle School, Moderator: Elise Low; Timekeeper: Brooks Low.
- Thursday, Oct. 26: Guilford Bd. of Finance Candidates' Debate will be recorded for broadcast via GCTV's several outlets (as above). Moderator: Carol Reimers, LWVCT President; Timekeeper: Elise Low.
- Wednesday, Nov. 1: Branford First Selectman Candidates' Debate will be aired live and recorded for broadcast via BCTV's several outlets (see BCTV's website). Moderator: Carol Reimers; Timekeeper: Elise Low.
- Thursday, Nov. 2: Madison Bd. of Finance and Bd. of Education Candidates' Public Debate, 7+9 pm, Polson Middle School, 302 Green Hill Rd. Co-sponsor: Madison Schools Parents Representative Council, Maureen Lewis, President. Moderator: Elise Low.
The LWVES Board of Directors is busy planning some special topic meetings for you to attend during the 2017-18 calendar. We are looking forward to sharing information on local and state government issues, e.g. Redistricting, Civil Discourse, Citizens Election Program, National Popular Vote/Electoral College and more.
We welcome anyone who would like to join us! We have members who come from the shoreline towns from Branford to Old Saybrook. If you are looking for a way to be active on issues without supporting political parties or candidates, then we are the place for you.
If you would like more information about upcoming events or general information about the League of Women Voters of the East Shore, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.